The purpose of the fire drill
Fire drills are intended to ensure, by means of training and rehearsal, that:
- people who may be in danger act in a calm and orderly manner
- those with responsibilities carry out their tasks to ensure the safety of all concerned
- escape routes are used in accordance with a predetermined and practised plan
- evacuation of the building is achieved in a speedy and orderly manner
- people will react rationally when confronted with a fire or other emergency at school or elsewhere.